Saturday, July 31, 2010

Three Dollar Haircut

I tried to tip her but she looked so confused and just handed the money back as though I didn't understand the price. Yet another culture difference. I really like that one.

Today I finished my five day teacher training course. The teachers were extremely receptive and came away with some totally new ideas. They were particularly interested in content based test preparation methods. Their students take a big exam called Concourse that is all grammar based multiple choice. Ew. There are some reading passages too so we worked on those.

I also taught them the stoplight method for essay writing. Green- go into your topic. Yellow- Slow down and give an example. Red- Stop and explain. We used essays that my students had written to learn how to critique writing using the stoplight. It was great.

Only 1.5 more days. NOOOOOOOO!!!!! At least I can look forward to my pot hole bus ride tomorrow. I SWEAR they intentionally hit the deepest puddles and largest rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment